What if I don’t agree with the assessed valuation of my property?

If you feel the Assessor’s valuation is incorrect you should first call the County Assessor’s Office and discuss your valuation with an appraiser. If you cannot reach an agreement with them, your next step is to file an appeal with the Assessment Appeals Board in your county. You will find their phone number listed in the County Government section of your local telephone directory. Please be aware that there is a limited window of opportunity to file an appeal; be sure you meet the deadlines.

Show All Answers

1. What are the important tax bill dates?
2. What are all of these charges on my property tax bill?
3. What if I don’t agree with the assessed valuation of my property?
4. How do property taxes affect the value and marketability of my home?
5. What is Mello-Roos and why do I have to pay it?
6. Can a Mello-Roos district foreclose on my home?
7. Is my property subject to 180 day accelerated foreclosure?
8. Why do I have to give a buyer a Notice of Special Tax when I sell my property?
9. What is a 1915 Act Bond?
10. How are tax rates determined?
11. Is there any way I can reduce the amount of property taxes I pay?
12. What is a Homeowner’s Exemption?
13. Why did I receive a supplementary tax bill after purchasing my new home?
14. Will I receive a tax bill if I pay taxes through an impound account?
15. What are the consequences if I fail to make a timely property tax payment?